Sunday, November 27, 2011

More Cyber Debris

Internet Debris

A collection by Neal McKenna 

McKenna Ink Thesis Editing Service 

To add your comments, 

click here.

NOTHING posted here is mine! 

Internet Debris does not claim rights 

to any of the photos or media content posted to the site. 

No copyright infringement is intended.

The Best Ad For Marriage Equality

I've Ever Seen.

This ad is part of GetUp's campaign supporting Marriage equality.
GetUp campaigns are community based, and are primarily coordinated through the Internet. They involve email, its website, and traditional media. GetUp is a non-profit organisation, and relies on donations from individuals, organisations, unions and community groups for funding.
GetUp describes itself as "a new independent political movement to build a progressive Australia." They identify campaigns based on the interests of its members, which are usually issues such as "social justice, economic fairness and environmental sustainability." Learn more here.

The Dahlings are back!
Last Friday, I saw The Dahlings in their latest version of Cinema Wow. This was opening night and the venue was Space.com in the Joburg Theatre. There were opening night glitches with the sound system or the operator - not sure which. The show is 20 minutes longer than the original production which is a really good thing. The girls are still great with their harmonies and girlie costumes but the venue certainly doesn't do them any justice. In the near future, I would love to see Cinema Wow expanded into a big band extravaganza! Whaddaya say, Jaco?
Image via Vic Grider
Weimaraners Bake Bread 
See the video HERE
Here is another reason why Sesame Street still rocks.  This is an educational segment on baking bread from the early 1990s. William Wegman's Weimaraner dogs, in floral aprons, knead blobs of dough - with human hands - that's key. The bakers seem pretty apathetic about the whole process, except for the licking the dough part... It remains unclear whether this whole thing becomes more or less creepy when you watch this as an adult.
Image via Serious Eats
Image via Mathieu's Photos
Image via Mathieu's Photos 
From the "Yeah, Sure" Department
Mr. Edwards.
Image Via Tack-O-Rama 
Before they were gay: 
Rock Hudson
Before they were gay: Rock Hudson.
Image Via Tack-O-Rama
oops, sorry oakland hills.
Gerber picante sauce
Image via Kaneva

Image via Mathieu's Photos 

And, we'll call him Robin.
And We Will Call Him.. Robin!
Image via Damn LOL
image5 - you are here mice.jpg
Image via My Opera
From the good old days...

  Photos by Andrew "Sarge" Grieb and Courtesy Brandon Stacy
  Brandon on the Bridge
  Zachary Quinto and Brandon – the two Spocks
  Brandon at the Science Station
  If it's not ears, it's eyes and teeth... ouch!
 Kirk (James Cawley) 
and Spock (Brandon Stacy)

 Interview via  Star Trek Phase II





Interview with Brandon Stacy
By Jeff Hayes

With Ben Tolpin unavailable to reprise the role of Spock, the search began for a new actor to "fill the ears." It wasn’t long before the natural choice surfaced. Beginning with the Phase II episode “Enemy:Starfleet,” actor Brandon Stacy will assume the role of our favorite Vulcan First Officer. Taking a short break from the demanding shoot schedule of “The Child,” Brandon was able to answer a few quick questions and give us an opportunity to get to know him a bit better.


Jeff Hayes (JH): How did you come to be involved with Star Trek: Phase II? 

Brandon Stacy: James and I met at Paramount Studios, on set of JJ Abrams’ STAR TREK. I expressed interest in New Voyages/Phase II. We stayed in touch and I had intended on being a guest star of an episode. Eventually the role Spock opened up, he thought I would be perfect. 


JH: Well, the fact is, you actually played Spock before – what can you tell us about your experience on the Star Trek (XI) movie set? 

Brandon: Yes, for about four months I was fortunate enough to be on set with JJ Abrams, doubling for Spock and standing in for my long lost brother, Zachary Quinto. Incredible experience working with JJ. What a fantastic cast and crew! 

JH: Now back to your role as Spock in Phase II – when you first arrived on set in New York, what were your first impressions? 

Brandon: I sensed an immediate sense of family. I was welcomed with open arms. Walking onto the bridge gave me a big silly smile. 


JH: Now that you have a few days of filming under your belt, what are your thoughts about the production?

Brandon: Everyone really enjoys what they are doing here, which makes for a very fun, relaxed atmosphere. The sets are great. Crew is efficient. Playing make-believe on a starship is fun. (Smiles) 

JH: Have you seen any of the previous New Voyages / Phase II episodes? What did you think about what you saw? 

Brandon: Of course I’ve seen them! Hey, if you got people like George Takei and Walter Koenig wanting to be a part of it, it’s obviously something to watch. I’m glad I was able to get into the mix. 

JH: When preparing for this shoot, was there anything that caused you apprehension or anything that you were worried about? How did you prepare for the role? 

Brandon: When I was offered the role of Spock, I immediately went to the wig store and had them fit, cut, and style me a wig. I couldn’t wait to get home and stare at myself in the mirror. Now, I know Trek fans can be very critical. Many have a very specific way they would like to see these characters portrayed, so of course, I want to please the fans and give them what they want. I also want to give them a good mix of Nimoy and Brandon Stacy. 

JH: What was your exposure to Star Trek or other science fiction before you got involved with this project – do you consider yourself a sci-fi fan? If not, what is your favorite genre of entertainment? 

Brandon: Oh, I love Sci-Fi! Parallel Universes, Time Travel, and Alternate Dimensions. I grew up pretending I was Marty McFly, and made sure I was in front of the T.V. for shows like SLIDERS. I can thank my older brother for my exposure to Sci-Fi as well as Horror. I got to peek behind his shoulder to watch episodes of Star Trek, and steal his videos of Nightmare on Elm Street. Oh, I love my Sci-Fi and Horror, hehehe. 


JH: Without forcing you to reveal a “spoiler,” regarding the scripts that you are currently filming in New York, was there anything that jumped out at you - something you read and said to yourself, “I can’t wait to do that?”

Brandon: You know those times when you think, “If only I could just use my Vulcan Nerve Pinch on this fool.” Alas, the time has come. 


JH: Although this is your first time appearing as Spock on Phase II, do you see yourself reprising the role in future episodes?

Brandon: Oh, I think it’s in my green blood. 


JH: Do you have a favorite moment or experience from the current shoot – so far? 

Brandon: I got to try my Robert Deniro impression in Spock make-up and attire. Let’s just say it was a “Mind-Meld” to remember. 

JH: What do you do in the real world other than acting? What do you like to spend your time doing? 

Brandon: Well, I have interests in producing as well as directing. Outside of business, I enjoy studying the art of film in all aspects. And outside of film, my interests are in being an explorer. I love the mountains, the ocean, the seasons, and the undiscovered territories of my own mind. Family, of course, is extremely important to me. 

JH: Other than the Star Trek movie we discussed above, what are some of your other acting experiences? Is there anywhere on the Internet that Phase II fans can go and see some of your work? 

Brandon: Aside from the Trek world, I’ve been acting practically my whole life on stage. I earned a degree in Theatre as well as film Studies from James Madison University. I’ve spent the past few years trying to do as much Film and T.V. as possible, where my love and obsession lies with film. 

The Trek fans can see me play a villainous Betazoid on a quest for power where I recurred as rogue Starfleet Lieutenant Milo Surgant, in Star Trek: Hidden Frontier. And various clips of other projects are viewable online. 

JH: If you could write a script for your character of Spock, what would you have him do or what aspects of the character would you particularly like to explore? 

Brandon: I’d love to see him explore his human side, to test his boundaries of emotion, friendship, even knowledge. I know he has a suppressed barbaric nature. Maybe if you push the right button he could lash out. Not only would it be fun to play, but to watch. 

JH: If you could play any role that you wanted, what would it be? 

Brandon: I always wanted to play The Joker since I was little boy. I enjoy the darker roles, complex and interesting. I greatly enjoyed Heath Ledger's performance. Most of my comic heroes have already been done. 

I wanted to play Gambit (X-Men comics), a thief from New Orleans with mutant abilities, but it seems they have given that role away recently. Aside from Sci-fi, I look for great Dramas. I look for chances to dive into gritty, edgy roles. And anyone who knows me knows my love for humor. 

JH: What gets you creatively charged? What inspires you? 

Brandon: Art. Art in all forms. And that being said, Film. I think film is the greatest art of human kind, encompassing every art there is. Nothing inspires me more than the mind of a child, free and imaginatively limitless. 

JH: When all is said a done on this shoot, what do you hope to have accomplish with this role? 

Brandon: Ultimately, that I had fun doing it, and of course that the fans can appreciate what I added to the Trek Universe. 

JH: Brandon, is there anything I haven’t asked that you would like to tell fans? 

Brandon: Sometimes you need to take a minute and let your imagination get the best of you. 

JH: Thanks for your time, Brandon. We wish you the best and look forward to seeing you as Phase II’s new Mr. Spock.
Interview via  Star Trek Phase II 

To add your comments, click on 

here or below. It will take you to a stand-alone copy of this page. There, you will find the comments box at the very bottom, so feel free to let 'er rip.


Click



                                                          

 Me!

Spooooky Reading...

Buy it here 

Evil Little Stories: A Collection

 

It's not too early to think 

about Christmas gifting.

What lies beneath...

Bye,Bye, Dr. Laura

Image via CNETTV
On her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant
Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus
18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.

The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, written by a US man,
and posted on the Internet. 

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I
have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that
knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend
the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that
Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination ... End of
that debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other
elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and
female, provided they are from neighboring nations. A friend of mine
claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you
clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair
price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her
period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how
do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors.
They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus
35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated
to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than
homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there
'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I
have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading
glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room
here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair
around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.
19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes
me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two
different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments
made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also
tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go
to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them?
Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family
affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy
considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan.

James M. Kauffman, Ed.D. Professor Emeritus,
Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education
University of Virginia

PS: It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment